Twixt Here'nThere

A spasmodic, serendipitous, journal to show what's happening or not in England, Spain, Portugal and wherever else perchance to roam. Travel, languages, sailing, religion, sex and politics, living abroad, the Pacific Ocean including Easter Island. News from: 'Navasola', in the hills of Aracena at Fuenteheridos; Cabanas de Tavira in Portugal; the cool cool banks of the muddy Humber; and from Pedro (Coelho), Max (Happydays), Tigger, Georgina (my Georgi girl) and Theo and friends in the Great Wen.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Heston
Updated Navasola Nature home page today with revised details of our April 2007 Natural History of the Sierra de Aracena tour. Watched the BBC's "Galapagos" last night, missing the first 20 minutes of the fascinating geological history.

However, as I've now changed my flight to Spain tomorrow to the 8th of October, perhaps I'll be able to watch next week's episode. I guess Georgi and I would be somewhat envious of Teresa's opportunity to go there by leading a tour. But, with Georgi's brother having been one of the first 'guinea-pigs' to visit Vorovoro in Fiji with the tribewanted 'escapade?' - pictured in last week's Guardian Travel, and our desire to visit both the Galapagos and Easter Island as well as other parts of the Pacific and perhaps the other Trevor Bending in Tonga, perhaps we'll get there one day!

Just run that last sentence past the Word grammar-checker!
And out of the blue this morning, Vic rang me from Plymouth about driving to Spain via Santander and enquired if I'd be interested in cycling (from Plymouth) to southern Spain or the Algarve next May. He may be over 70, but I'll need to give that some thought!


Now, I really must get on with that tax return and 'packing' for next week, or I'll have that nervous breakdown anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home